iJB – intelligent Junction Box
The Fathom Systems intelligent Junction Box (iJB) provides an instrumentation and control hub for a variety of underwater applications.
The circuitry inside the oil filled and pressure compensated box provides input interfaces for a variety of sensor types and outputs for a range of industry standard communications systems and protocols. The iJB provides system flexibility by means of the great number of available configurations. It can be provided with a variety of board and electronics and data storage options, a self-contained battery supply that allows for long periods of autonomous operation and a number of ways of transmitting data to the surface including ROV mateable connectors such as Tronic, wireless and through water acoustic communications.
- 16 x 16 bit analogue channels
- 4-20mA current loop or voltage
- 8 x digital channels
- Pressure compensation state (internal)
- Water ingress detection (internal)
- Video camera interfaces with power switching
- User specifiable with additional circuitry / PCBs
- Serial RS232 (full duplex)
- Serial RS485 (half duplex)
- Ethernet 10baseT
- Short range wireless network
- To suit application. (eg. UDP/TCP IP, ASCII, binary or customer specified)
- Through comms link + Alpha-numeric display & status LEDS visible through box window
- External 15-30 VDC or internal / external battery packs
- 3000msw standard, deeper options available.