Electrical & Mechanical Design Engineer
Industry Sector: Subsea Engineering
Location: Portlethen, Aberdeen
Salary: Negotiable - depending on experience and qualifications
Hours: 40 per week
An Electrical & Mechanical Design Engineer is required to join an expert and dedicated team of engineers and technicians working in the Oil and Gas service sector on state-of-the-art underwater control systems for the commercial diving and ROV industry.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a dedicated team player capable of carrying out a variety of project engineering roles within an engineering design and production environment.
- Be capable of taking a client requirement, where necessary generating a specification, to design the required system, or system components, and engineer the required drawings, documents & bills of materials.
- Be experienced in system integration drawings, encompassing electrical power, electrical signals, mechanical and instrument piping system elements.
- Have the ability to produce documented reports, test procedures, manuals and FMEA/FMECAs.
- Be able to demonstrate a professional and business-like manner.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
• Creation of project documentation and drawings throughout the project life-cycle – both internal documents and contract deliverables.
• Liaison with clients and sub-vendors.
• Ensuring drawings and BOMs are updated and changes recorded correctly.
• Ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
• Entering data and managing product information using the company ERP system.
• Assistance with final set-up and commissioning of systems – at Fathom premises, Client worksites, and onboard vessels (if so required).
• Apply knowledge consistently in the design of products to client specifications.
• Carry out work in technical independence.
• To be involved in the manufacture, modification and maintenance of products of Fathom Systems Ltd and those of third party subcontractors.
• Take an active role in your own self-development & keep abreast of technical developments and processes.
• Be flexible and open to change, both in the business and industry-wide.
The work would be predominantly based at the Fathom Systems office, but there may also be a requirement for occasional site & vessel visits, including overnight trips within the UK and overseas.
The applicant must have:
• A suitable engineering qualification to Degree/HNC level or equivalent
• Excellent housekeeping and organisational skills
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to deal with colleagues and customers
The applicant shall ideally meet many of the following requirements:
• BSc/MSc, or equivalent in Electrical & Mechanical Engineering
• Relevant experience in industry
• Proficient user of the following or comparable packages:
- Autodesk AutoCAD & Inventor FEA
- Microsoft Office, mainly Word and Excel
- PTC MathCAD
• Knowledge of instrumentation piping systems
• Knowledge of offshore/marine electrical & signalling systems
It would be advantageous if the applicant has:
• An understanding of commercial diving
• Appreciation of class approval requirements: DNV, Lloyds etc.
• Practical experience and understanding of machining process, electrical and piping systems.
• An understanding of electronics, PCBs and assemblies
• Experience with audio & video designs
• UK Driving Licence
• Offshore/marine medical & survival
For enquiries relating to recruitment, please email: email@example.com